Saturday, May 26, 2012

Israel Vibration at SOB's in NYC

This is a Rasjohnmon recording from 1991. SOB's is a great little club restaurant in lower Manhattan not far from the Village and Soho. I was there with good friend Ras Hank sitting at a table right in front of the stage. We got there early to grab the good table and have something to eat before the show. The food there is good and the Red Stripes cold.

Our good buddy, Roger RoJah Steffens was in the house to open the show with his Bob Marley Tribute Show of gems pulled from his extensive archive treasure trove of Bob Marley material.  Rojah has been a good friend for years since I met him with Timothy White at Westwood One.  We have shared a lot of good times and a few of the shows at the VitalVibes.com archive originally were sent to me from him.  He is the ultimate authority on Bob Marley as far as I am concerned - he is a truly upful and bright Spirit - blessings to you always Rojah!

By the time the show started the place had filled up with a couple of hundred people.  I sat there with my wife Maureen, Hank and his wife hiding the stereo microphone going to my Sony D5 hidden in my briefcase.  Rojah and Israel Vibration gave us all a most enjoyable night. To tune-in to the show, look for Israel Vibration in the Reggae Music section at the beginning of the listing at www.vitalvibes.com - enjoy!

No comments: